25. George Hill, Indiana Pacers: Hill didn’t have the same kind of success that he did in ’12-13, but still put up solid numbers for the Eastern Conference finalists. Hill finished with the second fewest assists-per-game from any starting point guard, but he does have excellent touch from the outside and is a solid defender.
On the season, he averaged 10.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists and one steal in 76 games.
24. Jrue Holiday, New Orleans Pelicans: after four seasons with the Philadelphia 76ers, Holiday landed with the Pelicans via trade in ’13-14. although he only appeared in 34 games because of injury, he showed that he was a nice fit for the New Orleans roster.
One the season, he averaged 14.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, 7.9 assists and 1.6 steals.
23. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics: Rondo saw limited action in ’13-14 as he tried to come back from a serious knee injury from the year before. That limited him from playing in back-to-back games and lessened how much he attacked the rim. Because of those two factors, he landed far lower on this list than he normally would.
On the season, he averaged 11.7 points, 5.5 rebounds, 9.8 assists and 1.3 steals in 30 games.
22. Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic: even though his field goal percentage has dropped every year since his all-star season in ’08-09, Nelson is still a solid lead guard who knows how to get his teammates involved. The main reason for that is because Nelson settle far more often for the three-point shot than he has in years past.
On the season, he averaged 12.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and seven assists in 68 appearances.
21. Patrick Beverley, Houston Rockets: after coming off the bench in ’12-13, Beverley supplanted Jeremy Lin as the Rockets starting point guard a year ago. While he didn’t provide the kind of offense as Lin, the reason why he earned the job was because of his ability to be a lockdown defender. He rewarded the Rockets for the move by earning second-team all-defense as well as nearly doubling his scoring output.
For the season, he averaged 10.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.4 steals in 56 games.